Friday, April 11, 2014

Marinated Baked Pork Chop Dinner

Since I got married I have made it a mission to try a bunch of new recipes.  I wanted to do this for a couple of reasons.  One, I wanted to learn to be a better cook.  My daddy always have me a hard time about my cooking abilities.  I told him I could cook but he never believed me.  The other reason I wanted to do this was to learn to be a better cook and learn some new & easy recipes.

The first step in my new adventure was finding Pinterest.  OMG, I was addicted instantly.  So many different ideas to try.  I started pinning each and everything on my YUMMY board so that when the time came I would have some good things to choose from.  Here is one of them & I must say it is a keeper.

Marinated Baked Pork Chops.

Being a full time working mom doesn't leave me much time to prepare large home cooked meals so I must do what I can when I have time.  This recipe was so easy and was ready in an hour.  I paired it will some cheddar broccoli rice & toasted sour dough bread.

1 TABLESPOON - SOY SAUCE
2 TABLESPOON WORCESTERSHIRE SAUCE
1 TEASPOON LEMON JUICE
2 TABLESPOON - BROWN SUGAR
2 TABLESPOONS KETCHUP

The recipe calls for 6 trimmed pork chops but this covered 3 pork chops perfectly.



Preheat over to 350 degrees.
Mix all ingredients for marinade in a small mixing bowl.
Wash your pork chops & place them in a baking dish (I used a casserole dish).  Cover the tops of the chops with 1/2 of the marinade.  Cook UNCOVERED for 30 minutes.  Remove the chops, flip them over & cover with the remaining marinade.  Cook for another 30 minutes (or until completely cooked in the middle).

Aiden is at his Mother's house this weekend so I can't provide you with a child's critic but the husband totally approved.  These pork chops were so juicy & tender.  We will definitely be having this again...

No comments:

Post a Comment